WordPress is one of the most popular content management system today. WordPress is used by about 17.5% of all the websites that exist in the world wide web, i.e. a 55.2% of content management system market share. Its continuously evolving as a complete solution for all types of website needs. The most recent version of the WordPress is 3.5. It was released on 11th, December 2012. You can download it from here : wordpress.org/wordpress-3.5.zip
Features (for users)
- It has completely new media manager, so you can easily manage media files than ever.
- New Twenty Twelve default theme has been added. Its responsive and you just might fall in love with its flexibility .
- oEmbed support for Instagram, SoundCloud and Slideshare.
- Retina-Ready (HiDPI) Admin screen and New welcome screen
- Privace tab has been removed and the search engine visibility feature has been moved to “Reading Settings” in admin screen.
- Many other small but important improvements done in admin screen , like new color picker and it other new devices compatibilty.
Features (for developers)
- New “show_admin_column” parameter has been added for for register_taxonomy() allows auto creation of taxonomy columns on associated post types.
- Meta query support has been added to WP_Comment_Query and WP_User_Query. So , now developers can search comments and users based on their meta value.
- Two new hooks for the add/edit post screen: edit_form_after_title and edit_form_after_editor.
- Speed improvement in switch_to_blog() and post Objects.
- XML-RPC WordPress API is enabled by default and there is no option to disable from admin screen.
- New WP_Image_Editor class has been added for image manipulation.
Please visit this link to see more detailed list of changes and developers who contributed.
Official Video on WordPress 3.5
Happy blogging. 🙂